The New Bern Rotary Club was founded in 1920, fifteen years after Paul Harris and three others formed the first club in Chicago. The oldest and largest Rotary Club in New Bern, we meet at lunch each Tuesday at the Chelsea Restaurant downtown.
Our club is involved with numerous local charities such as the Literacy Council, Merci Clinic, and Wash Away Unemployment. We also support community nonprofits with funding earmarked for special projects.
Follow these links for:
Rotary Leadership 2018-19
David Baxter, Jr.
Areas of Practice
- Health Care Law
- Local Government and Municipal Law Representations
- Estate Planning and Probate
- Incompetency and Guardianship
- Landlord/Tenant Disputes
- Corporations and Limited Liability Companies (“LLCs”) – formation, restructuring and management
- North Carolina Central University (J.D., 2009)
- Appalachian State University (B.S.B.A., 2006)
- State Courts of North Carolina
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina
Mr. Cheek, J.D. is a partner with Oliver & Cheek, PLLC in New Bern, where he provides legal services in the areas of bankruptcy, estate and succession planning, and business contracts.
Bill Sherman is Pastor Emeritus at Centenary United Methodist Church in New Bern.
Past President President
Robinson and Stith Insurance
Individual Life, Disability, Long Term Care
Directors at Large
Director Tripp Eure
Director Darlene Brown
Director Keith Merritt
Director Meloni Wray
Membership – Rus Clark
Fundraising – Meloni Wray
Grants and Projects – Clayton Cheek
Program – Chris Kelso
- Interact New Bern High –
- Interact Epiphany –
- Rotaract – Ray Staats
- RYLA – Rex Bennett
- Scholarship – John Kirkland
Foundation – Tripp Eure
Public Relations – Darlene Brown and Tripp Eure
- TV Spots & News Articles – Bob Manning
- Website & Social Media – Darlene Brown
Greeter – Walt Crayton